Thursday, September 30, 2010
What did you learn? What material was new to you? What were the three most important things you've learned in today's lesson/independent practice?
Today, I learned how to narrow down research. By writing "site:" followed by the specific extension, a plus sign and the topic your researching in the search engine, theresults are narrowed down to exactly what you are looking for. The search would look as follows, "site:extension + topic". I did not know of the shortcuts that can help for more efficient and successful researching. Therefore, the whole lesson today was new to me. Also, when looking in a specific country or region, you would type the region code after the extension as it would show up in the url and the information from that region would apppear. Another thing I learned is that when the topic is more then one word, they are surrounded by quotations so that the search engine is aware that they are to be put together as a phrase.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great Caileen! I'm glad you learned something today.
ReplyDelete